Welcome to Slimbridge Primary School’s vacancies page!
We are delighted that you are considering joining our dedicated and dynamic staff team.
At Slimbridge Primary School, we are committed to providing an exceptional learning environment that nurtures every child’s potential and empowers them to become lifelong learners.
If you are passionate about education and making a positive impact on young lives, we invite you to explore the exciting career opportunities available at Slimbridge Primary School.
Join us on our journey of inspiring young minds and shaping the future generation!
We currently have a vacancy for an Office Administrator.
Post title – Office Administrator
Grade – Grade 5
Hours – 35 hours per week
Contract – Permanent
Closing date –Monday 23rd October
Interviews – Thursday 26th October 2023
Start date: ASAP
Please see below for further details:
Slimbridge Primary School are looking to recruit a kind, friendly, hardworking and resilient, Office Administrator to join our team. Slimbridge Primary School is ambitious when it comes to delivering every child a first-rate experience. This person will be the first point of contact for our school: face to face and via telephone and e-mail. We are looking to welcome staff who share our determination to become ‘GREAT’ through pursuing our core values of generosity, resilience, empathy, achievement and teamwork.
Our school is a highly rewarding place to work with passionate, dedicated staff, who seek to provide the very best experiences for every child. We welcome candidates who share this like-minded vision and want to make our school a successful and rewarding place to work.
We have a strong reputation in the local community. Slimbridge is steadily growing with 140 pupils on roll. We have 6 classes in total, as well as an on-site nursery.
Ideally, this position is for 35 hours per week working Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am to 4.00pm daily, time term only, plus inset days (39 weeks) and one extra work of week in school holidays to be arranged. However, for the right candidate, we would be willing to consider some flexibility with these hours or explore job share options.
We are looking for an office administrator who:
- can multi-task, be adaptive and flexible
- is professional, welcoming and personable to all of our visitors, parents, children and staff
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- is computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages (any schools computer systems such as SIMS/FMS/Parentpay would be an advantage)
- has good organisational skills and is efficient
- enthusiastic yet calm
- is able to work collaboratively with others as well as on their own initiative
- is self-motivated and can make decisions
- eager to learn
- has knowledge of basic Health and Safety and First Aid (preferred)
- is able to organise the head teacher’s diary and assist with clerical jobs associated with this role
- can maintain and update the school’s single central, safeguarding record
|We can offer you:
• a village school with a happy, family atmosphere
• experienced and committed colleagues who support and value every professional in the school
• wonderful children who love to learn and thrive from exciting opportunities
• a highly supportive team: school leaders, other office team members, teachers, teaching partners and governors
• opportunity for professional growth, local networking and strategic influence
We are looking for someone who:
Has previous experience within an office environment. It is not essential to have had experience in a school environment, but experience within an office/administration role is required.
This is a perfect opportunity for those embarking on a career within schools.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office on (01453) 890216.
Slimbridge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and any other vetting procedures as appropriate.
Appointments to the school are made with reference to the latest safeguarding guidance and Keeping Children Safe in Education and will involve additional safeguarding checks including DBS checks and references. Furthermore, the school may conduct online searches of publicly available information as part of due diligence with shortlisted applicants.
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form below and email to Lisa Hillman at email@example.com
Please also see the job description and person specification guidance to support you in your application.