At Slimbridge Primary School, we aim to:
- Give our youngest children the very best start to their education by providing an appropriate curriculum, as well as a nurturing and engaging learning environment tailored to their personal needs, the needs of the cohort and prepares them for their future learning.
- Provide an enriched learning environment that ensures all children, regardless of their background, learn through purposeful play-based activities designed to promote inquisitiveness and foster a love of learning from the onset.
- Enable all our children to develop verbally, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively so that they are ready to successfully transition into Year 1.
- Hold high expectations for all children in our settings – promoting independence, supporting self-regulation and their ‘sense of self’ so that they feel that they can achieve their learning goals.
- Provide a holistic and balanced curriculum, utilising free flow activities between our indoor and outdoor areas, that encourage structured play-based activities that are child initiated, where adults join in – to support, scaffold and move their learning on.
- Provide daily core teachings and learning of reading (through a systematic synthetic phonics program), writing and maths.